Sunday, October 3, 2010

California Chickens!

Chasing the California Chickens was probably the highlight of the trip for ALL of the grandkids. This past Easter my parents bought baby chicks for each of the grandkids that live close to them just for fun. Well, the cute little chicks have grown up a bit and still are tons of fun apparently. Seriously, the girls and Zach spent HOURS outside in the chicken coop. Pretty gross, but that is all they talked about and all they wanted to do! So I thought the chickens deserved their own post. Here it is.
This was the smallest and probably the favorite chicken. His/her name is Chestnut. :)

They chased the chicken all around until they could finally catch it!



In the coop.

That chicken is almost as big as Kara. See the "Concentration Tongue"? Pretty sure this one is named Corn.

Big bro helping out.

Kate captured Peep.

I can't believe these chickens were okay with this?

There's the tongue again.

I love this face.

Probably my most favorite picture of Kara EVER!!



3 comments:

Kamry Low said...

hahaha those poor chickens! Kidding, they actually don't seem to mind! You're kids are so brave!

Katie said...

Those chickens were a highlight for my kids! I love that pic of Kara too! It is classic.

Rob and Marseille said...

I've never seen a kid hold a chicken before. too funny!