Cody's Homecoming from the Calgary, Alberta Canada Mission
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
My little bro served a 2 year mission in Calgary...only 2 hours south of us! I never saw him or talked to him once while he was here to help him stay focused on the work. Anyway, it is fun that Canada is now a part of his life too. Maybe that will keep him coming back to visit. I am trying to marry him off to a Canadian so he'll live by me. I have 2 siblings in California, 2 in Utah, so it is only fair that 2 of us should be up here, right? I'll be taking applications for dates for his next visit. :) He is a GREAT guy! You won't be disappointed. :)
This is the view from the back, my seat. Can't wait to have one of those someday! HA!
Missions are so great for these boys. They really grow a lot, spiritually, physically, and mentally. It is a hard 2 years, but so wonderful. Cody was great before, but now he is even better! More thoughtful and kind and great! We love you Bro!!! Have fun at BYU! And you better come up and visit me...and Canada...soon. It's not the same without you.
Zach's reaction to Cody. He gave him a BIG squeeze. Even Zach's eyes were closed.
umm...it was nap time.
Uncle Cody's home!!! These grand kids LOVE Cody. He could barely even recognize a few of them. 2 yrs is a long time, especially for little kids! He met 3, my girls and Dallin, that he had never seen before (in real life that is).
Isn't this awesome? This is what Cody had to greet him. The signs spell out "Welcome Home Elder Crippen." We must have been quite the site because the Airport PR lady came and was taking pictures of us. HA! Yep, that's my fam! All 36 of them.
Their first meeting. Kate needed a little time to warm up. :)
Big brother Chris welcoming his baby brother Cody home. They were trying to reenact a picture from when Chris came home from his mission. Only Cody was 6 then I think? It's definitely just as cute now though, right?
Little bro gives the love right back to him. In sibling order they are the "bookend boys" with all of us girls smashed in the middle.
Aw! I love this guy. We were the only 2 at home for a couple years and got really close, after I decided to stop teasing him. (mostly because he grew taller than me and I was a little bit scared...)
Me and my beautiful sister Katie. She is the one just older than me. I followed her to Hawaii, and then to Utah when I transferred to BYU. When I left, I was secretly hoping she'd follow me to Canada. There's still hope, right?!
The Rent's and the Man.
Nanny and Cody.
Funny David with Kermit (huh?!) and the spoils. Of course Kermie was there. He had to come!

Fam Shot. Justin came a week later. Funny to think that my number of children tripled while he was gone. From 1 to 3. That's productive.
A California boy can't come home and NOT go to In-N-Out!! He loves that place, so we all went there for lunch. Yes, ALL 36 of us!!! Uh, Kate, you've got a little something on your lip.
The happy man.
The other happy man.
9 comments:
Oh my goodness, your brother is so cute! How can I get him hooked up with my beauty of a sister in law Celeste? She's going to school in Lethbridge which I guess is kind of the 2nd Provo in LDS land.... Sheesh! BYU? Get him to move up here. How else are they supposed to marry?
These make me SO excited to see my baby brother. I love that your brother served here. I'll keep my eyes out for cute, single (and worthy) girls ;)
AHHHh that so exciting, my brother comes home in December and I can't wait!! And I totally agree with Maren, Celeste is the BEST!!! Now lets make it happen!
I have just the gal for your little bro! AND she is at BYU right now, but will move back to Canada in about a year. How's that for perfect!!!!
Your brother has to marry MY sister in law, not Maren's. ;)
your family is just like mine! Bookend boys with girls in the middle :) (there are 4 girls in my fam). And my little brother and sister became really close when they were at home together, too! so fun :) now they are both on missions at the same time.
That brings back memories of my brothers coming home...so exciting! Your family looks like so much fun! And I know who Barb is talking about...her sis in law, she is awesome!
Maren was too quick for me! I was hoping to put dibs on your brother for my sister in-law! She is still around at BYU!!! It seems like we talked about the hook up before his mission. I am sure he had a million girls waiting for him! He looks so much like you.
i have a friend who just found out she is having twin girls, kids #3 and 4. I told her that I was going to give her your blog because you make it look so easy and fun!
your family picture at the top of your blog is gorgeous!
This is so awesome!! I love Cody:)
Post a Comment