Wednesday, October 27, 2010

sNOOOOOOOOOw!

It Snowed! October 25th we got our first snow up here. Not too bad I guess. I still wasn't happy to see it though. No thanks. Not yet.
Justin and Zach playing around, throwing snowballs at Zach's upstairs window. Daddy's got quite the shot. Please don't break his window.



The kids were THRILLED that it snowed and it was actually warm enough to play in. I can't lie. It was fun! Luckily we had JUST bought the last finishing touches on their snowsuits, like their pants, another pair of boots and gloves for the girls! Phew...

I love this little cold face. Pink cheeks. All snuggled up. So cute.


The favorite activity of the day. EAT IT! As long as it's not yellow.

He was just about to pelt me with that thing.


Sharing, sharing...

Everybody sharing, sharing that's the thing to do. With Kate apparently!

So cold! Licking that snow ball over and over didn't help anything.
One great thing about snow is the lighting for photos! So uniform and soft.

Kara having fun with the shopping cart. It was so funny seeing her try to push that thing through the snow. She stuck with it though and got it where she wanted it!


Mmmmm...

Savoring every ice crystal. Delish... HA!

Yes that is me, in the snow, with a SMILE!
I've decided,especially from this picture, that Kate and I have the same eye shape. Maybe one of my kids actually DOES look like me?!

I couldn't get over how cute they were in their bibs. They looked SO OLD to me now. Where did my babies go? Almost 2 in December! CRAZY!

7 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

awwww... I miss it. I do. Looks like fun. but the Canadian in me has to ask... what are "bibs"? to me, a bib is a piece of cloth you put around your neck to stop food from falling on your shirt!

Lant Family said...

I seriously can't believe you have snow. It was in the 80s here yeaterday and I had to change back into summer clothes. You are just a tad more north then us :) Looks like you were able to get out and enjoy it!

Maren said...

What a good Mom you are. My kids wanted to go outside so badly when it snowed and I was like, "Um, ...it's just too cold kids! Sorry!" Basically I'm a wimp. That's what it boils down to.

Cute pics of all the kiddies! I guess it IS time to whip out all the winter stuff. I am in denial.

Katie said...

Very cute. Your take on the pics makes me laugh too! :)

Jordana said...

Wow, you guys got a lot of snow. We got way less and it's melted now, thank goodness. I'm not excited about the snow either. Gibb took the kids out to play in it and I stayed inside and cleaned ;) I definitely got the better deal!

Kamry Low said...

Kara such a true canadian pushing a shopping cart through the snow! i don't think it'll be so much fun when it's -30 playing in the snow so i guess -1 will do for now! i love the girls snow suits! they look so cute with their rosy cheeks!

Unknown said...

snow? fun? I guess this snow fall was okay because it didn't mess up the road conditions. And it melted fast! Believe me, I do love it here in Edmonton...just not the months of endless cold. It is fun to play in the snow when it isn't too cold. That looked like fun. I love their pink cheeks and noses! I stayed inside and cried when I saw all that snow that morning.