Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

Last Monday we dyed eggs and learned about Easter and the Resurrection of Christ with the Fitzners. It was a fun night, but I have to admit kind of stressful with a sick/tired Zach and egg dye! AH! My sister Katie is going to invent a clean wonderful way to dye eggs with kids...please do it before next year Kates!!
Dye...and apparently food all over his cute face. I stole this picture from Jordana's blog...thanks!
His face was too funny in this picture not to post. He would not look at the camera all night and when he did...I got this!

Showing off his green hands.

Evidence to the REAL reason why his hands were green! Yuck! I know...sorry...kind of.

A few of the finished products.

Some didn't make it to the finished product picture. :)


Happy Easter!












Justin and I had a great experience on Good Friday. We had been out getting some Easter stuff...bad idea. It was crazy and stressful, and other than the fact that we were all together...not very much fun. A lot of it was gone and just not what we wanted. Kind of a waste of time and money. Later that night we put Zach down to sleep and watched "The Lamb of God." It was such a neat depiction of what Easter REALLY is all about. It was also very stormy outside, with thunder and lightning, so I felt like we were really almost living the crucifixion and resurrection, living the movie, as we watched it. It really made me stop and ponder on more important things. I know that Christ really did come to the Earth, atone for our sins, die for us, and was really resurrected so that we could all repent, change, and return to our Father in Heaven after this life. I am SO grateful for Him, and for the knowledge and understanding of the Atonement I have, and for this Easter season that we can especially remember what Jesus Christ did for every person that ever lived. I know He is our Savior and he will come again, and the thunder and lightning, and a movie on Good Friday reminded me of that.

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

what a cute picture of you guys. Love the video of the snow--I am glad I live somewhere else. Lucy thinks it is so fun that you have 2 babies :)

Ashley Dawn said...

What a great idea to watch that movie. Seems like you had a great Easter. Your girls sure look cute in those dresses. Love decorating eggs - NOT. We did that today (we're a little bit behind....oops).

Oler Family said...

That was on of my favorite talks at Conference. I love the Mormon Messages. I was trying to catch a peek at your girls on Sunday cause I knew that they would be wearing cute little Easter dresses....and I was right! Your kids are precious!