Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Half a Year Already?!!!


I can't believe the girls are already 6 months old! It is a good thing and a sad thing, but mostly good. Keep growing up! At least until you sleep through the night. These girls are both so smiley and full of personality. They are just so sweet and I love being their mother! I just can't believe that they'll be 1 in another of their lifetimes...if that makes sense. Anyway, yay for being 6 months. You know what that means though, only 6 more shopping months before Christmas! Get going!!
Kate is now 17 lbs!!! We think she is big, but then I looked back at Zachary's records and at 5 months he was 17 lbs 15 oz. WHAT!! Anyway, she is rolling everywhere, getting around pretty well. She also sits up and has recently gotten her first tooth...which she loves to use. :) She is such a sweety and loves to talk to you when you gurgle back at her. She absolutely LOVES Zach and smiles and laughs at any attention he gives her. She has beautiful blue eyes that really light up when you come into the room and glow when we go outside.

Happy Girl. They really love the swings.

Kara Joy is just that. A joy. She is 15 lbs 3 oz, and is so happy. She also lights up when you walk into the room and loves to interact with us. She does this cute breathe in wheeze/gasp when she is excited and laughs like a machine gun. She is growing A LOT (relatively) of long soft brown hair. I like to run my fingers through it. :) She is very squealy and is starting to sit up too. She has rolled over a couple times, but hasn't really mastered it. She'd rather lay on her arm and smile as I cheer her on. Go Kara! You can do it!
This picture is so funny. She totally has my pokey ears from when I was a baby. Right Mom? Don't worry Kara, you'll grow out of it, or at least you will grow some hair to cover them!

I love putting them in a swing together. I just walk back and forth meeting each of their eyes and making them laugh. It is so cute. Plus, it totally balances out the swing (give or take 2 lbs!)
I had to put this picture in because not once, but twice, as I was taking pictures of the girls on the swings, gawkers walking by asked me if I wanted them to take a picture of me with them. It was funny. I love my girls!

Here is my manly man chopping wood to build us a house and a split-rail fence up in the Edmonton river valley wilderness. :) Actually, we were having a weiner roast with the Elder's Quorum and Justin was making kindling. Anyway, it was fun to watch him. AND, nobody got hurt!

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I can't believe they're 6 months already. that sure went fast (for me anyways) They are darling!

Joy said...

Man Amelia, you look so amazing, especially for having had 3 kids! Such a cute family, hope you don't mind that I'm still blog-stalking you. I just love your positive attitude in your posts, especially because I know that if I were in your shoes I would probably be complaining about how tired and overworked I was feeling! So it's good that YOU are the one with the 3 cute little kids. Glad the twins are so healthy and beautiful-- 17 lbs. and 15 lbs. at age 6 months-- especially good for twins! I love seeing how they're growing and I love it that our baby girls are the same age, too!

Julie said...

Love the picture of the girls together in the swing!

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

Yaay! Their auntie just found them their birthday presents so now we can just round up and I can give them to them when you get here. Cute, cute pics. They really are growing. I love this age. So much fun!

The Heavenor's said...

Lookin hot Amelia! And I love the pic of the twins back to back in the swing! They are such happy cute girls!