Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May in Cali-For-Ni-A!

DAY 1

CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!

Jason and Kamry, my awesome brother and sister-in-law that live right around the corner from us now, were taking a vacation down to California and let me...and my 3 children tag along! We were able to stay from May 14-23 and party in SoCal. We were actually thrilled to hear that the weather back here in Edmonton was cold, overcast, and SNOWY while we were gone! Our winter get away in May. HA! Anyways, thanks SO much guys. We had a great time and I obviously couldn't have done it without you.

My good friend Melissa Ramsay brought us all to the airport. She lived right around the corner from me, but has now moved to Airdrie. SO SAD!! I am kind of getting tired of making friends and then watching them move away!

Pretty sweet set up if you ask me! Luckily Westjet has TVs on the back of each seat so Zach watched cartoons, ate snacks, and drank juice all the way to CA! Anything to keep him happy and me sane. :)

A cute and creative sign the cousins made for our arrival. Many of the artists are not in this picture, but thanks to all of you!!! U.S.Eh...So punny!

(Madison, Sydney, Brenna, Laneah, Kaela, Reagan, Michael, Baby Dallin and Carrie for supervising, and Angie and Cameron for picking us up at the airport and bearing the little artists!)

Each of the girl cousins couldn't wait to hold both of the babies at the same time. It was cute and they were all such a help! If I have another set of twins, I sure hope it is when Kate and Kara are at least 7 years old!! Think of all of the help they'd be!

Not the biggest fan of pets, especially shedding ones, but this is our cat Autumn. She has been in the family for years. I thought It was so funny how she loved to watch over the sleeping babies. This happened more than once, until Zach found her and chased her away and grabbed her tail! That happened more than once too. Nice kitty.
Zach loved this fountain. It was disgusting. I guess it was water from a nearby marsh that Dad brought for the g-kids so they could watch the tadpoles turn into frogs. I hope they survived.

5 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Super fun. Great pic of you and Melissa. Can't believe they're gone either. Sadness. But glad you got to have fun in Cali.

Matthew and Hailey said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Your kids are adorable. I love the picture of Zach playing ping-pong.

Alysha Sladek said...

your trip looks like it was super fun!! the girls are getting SO BIG!! holy smokes! all your kids are super cute. miss you!

Jason and Joy said...

Hey Amelia! I haven't left a comment in forever - so I thought it was about time. Looks like an awesome trip and your girls are so cute! And so is Zach!
I need to get all of our passports up to date so we can come see you guys!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

Looks liked you all had a blast!!!